Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Variations on a theme


I mentioned in an earlier post that I obtained some wool from Acacia Acres farms.  A dark grey romney named Ashley and a white romney named Ebony.

Over the weekend I did some blending.  I made a 50% - 50% blend of dark grey and white.  It makes a lovely light grey that I featured in that earlier post.  This time I spun a couple of full bobbins of the blended grey.  Next I spun a bobbin full of dark grey/Ashley and plied that with the lighter blended grey. Blended greys are on top and the dark grey/Ashley is in the lower bobbin.


The plied yarn from these singles, are the skein on the left.  The skein on the right is a two-ply of blended greys and white Ebony.


And the same photo with the flash on, you can see the barber polling a bit better in this photo.


I am really happy with this yarn -- both skeins are going to be knit up into half-mitts.  Haven't decided if I will do any dyeing with these yet.  But that's a whole other variation on the theme.

1 comment:

  1. Love the colour of the yarns. Can't wait to see the finished projects you are going to knit.

    ReplyDelete