Sunday, April 17, 2011

Studio time and CBC radio

Now that I have an accessible studio, I can waltz in there and work at my pleasure.  So today, a lovely Sunday, that is exactly what I am doing.  I am listening to "Cross Country Check-Up" on Radio One -- of course it's about the election, and combing more of the polwarth fibre for drop spinning. 


I wrote about the polwarth in a previous blog post.  On all my travels this year, managed to spin up all the fibre I had prepared that weekend.  It is lovely stuff -- so fine and so soft.  You can wear it next to your skin. There were enough combed nests to make two full spindles of finely spun singles.  I wound them into hard balls and plyed them on my spindle. 

It only weighs 3/4 of an ounce (20g) but it is nearly 90m of yarn. I don't know what I will do with it yet.  A project hasn't called me yet.  I do know that I want to dye it.  Mostly because I want to see how it will take dye.


Here's the whole family of activity.  The wool comb is in the top left corner with nicely combed top ready to be pulled into a roving.  A couple of nests, newly made, ready for spinning are in the bottom left.  My Houndesign laceweight spindle with a bit of spinning on it already.  And the first skein.

Back to work and "Cross Country Check-Up".

No comments:

Post a Comment